We have been monitoring employment trends on the labour market for 50 years now. The Manpower Employment Outlook Survey is unique in that its results are based on prospects for the next quarter.
The Manpower Employment Outlook Survey gauges employment trends on the labour market. To what extent will numbers of employees in various industries increase or decrease during the next quarter?
The Employment Outlook Survey has been published once a quarter for more than 50 years and is one of the most trusted surveys in the world.
Our latest survey for the 4th quarter of 2013 indicates a slight upward trend.
This survey is:
- Unique in terms of size, geographical spread and industry coverage.
- Forward-looking as it gauges how employers are viewing the staffing situation in the face of the coming quarter. The MEOS is the only survey in the world which looks ahead in time: other similar surveys look at what has happened in the past.
- Consistent as the very same question has been put to employers in the USA and Canada for more than 50 years. Now the same question is asked in a total of 42 countries the world over.
- Independent. The employers who take part in the survey are a representative selection of employers in each of the countries and are not taken from Manpower's register of customers.
- Reliable as the survey is based on interviews with almost 66 000 employers from trade and industry and the public sector in 42 countries. The scope of the survey allows detailed analyses to be carried out of both industries and regions.
Manpower Employment Outlook Survey for the 4th quarter of 2013
Results of earlier surveys