Are you a experienced database specialist who are looking for your new job? Do you also have experience and knowledge of Windows server OS, windows client OS and MS SQL? Look no further! Experis IT are looking for you for a consultant assignment at our customer in Stockholm with start ASAP- until further notice
Job description database specialist
Proactive operation of databases to secure efficient application operation. Maintaining databases, cubes and related components.
Key Responsibilities and duties for the role:
- Incident and problem handling according to Customer Incident and Problem Management Process
- Responsible for ensuring the procedures according to Application Specialist established Change Management Process is met. Only correctly placed orders according to this process, are carried out by Database Specialist.
- Manages Change Requests by Customer at mutually agreed upon service level objectives, and in accordance with the approved change
- Responsible for the troubleshooting and escalating of errands to third party suppliers contracted by Customer.
- Regular monitoring of disk space, disk functionality and selected logs.
- Working proactively and suggests improvements in the safety and optimization of server and network infrastructure for the databases.
- Capacity planning of databases and volumes.
- Documents errors detected in the Databases and submit it to the relevant Application Manager.
- Suggests Customer to carry out pre-studies, analysis or studies that may be called off by Customer.
- Manages an Operations Manual and documents any changes in Customers environment in the manual.
- Supports database performance by monitoring database performance; evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tools; answering user questions.
- Updates CMDB with relevant changes in the environment and its dependencies.
- Performs application activities, as in Change, as ordered, and interacts with Customer and third party vendors for support.
- Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical support teams.
- Plans database upgrades by maintaining, evaluating, and improving a transaction-processing model.
- Secures database by preparing access and control policies and procedures; implementing disaster recovery procedures.
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience
- Windows Server OS
- Windows Client OS
- MS SQL
We think you are a team player who contributes to the organization and can without difficulty lead a smaller group. We also think you have good communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
What can we offer you?
Experis IT finds and retains the most qualified engineers in the labour market. We are the global leader in accelerating careers and propelling business growth across IT, Finance and Engineering. As a consultant at Experis IT you will have access to a career network with thousands of colleagues within your field.
We only accept online applications
Send in your application as soon as possible. The applications will be evaluate continuously.
Please attach your CV and apply to this position through this web-page. Should you have any questions regarding the position or Experis, you are more than welcome to contact Candidate Specialist Linnea P. Eriksson firstname.lastname@example.org