RWE is facing an exciting future and has clear expansion plans. Expansion plans that naturally lead us to recruit new staff for the future. We are therefore looking for a Legal Counsel/M&A to Malmö.
About the job
We are about 100 employees in Sweden with headquarters in Malmö. We are part of an energy group with high ambitions for renewable energy, and we are in the starting blocks of our journey together with approximately 3,500 colleagues who work with renewable energy in Europe, North and South America, Asia and the Pacific. In other words, there are good opportunities to develop further within the organization. In your role, you have great freedom to set up your work yourself in the way that suits you. Our culture is characterized by entrepreneurship, openness and commitment. With us, you get a dynamic job where relationships, development and strategy will be an even bigger part of your day.
We are now looking for you who thrive in an expansive and rapidly changing environment with a high work pace, you have a positive and unpretentious attitude and want to work at a company that is constantly evolving.
In the role as Legal Counsel/M&A you will support the growth activities in the renewables sector with M&A Transactions for RWE in the Nordics with a focus on Sweden. You carry out transactional work in close collaboration with the head office in Essen and report to the Head of Partnering, Project Financing & Corporate Law.
As Legal Counsel/M&A at RWE Renewables, you will:
- Be one of the key legal advisors handling all legal matters of RWE Renewables' renewable energy transactions.
- Advice the business on transaction contracts, including development of drafts and negotiation of related documentation.
- Advice the business on all transactional legal matters.
- Provide support (including liaising with external counsel) in related dispute resolution situations.
- Work across the international RWE Renewables' business, alongside other members of the RWE Renewables Legal Team and engage with other support functions to deliver a holistic and streamlined service to the business of RWE Renewables.
- Manage organisational or coordination tasks incl. process optimization.
- Provide legal support for M&A transactions, project finance, corporate law
We are looking for you who have a law degree and a minimum of five year experience working with M&A transactions and corporate law in an international law firm or company, preferably in the renewables energy sector.
You may also have experience of:
- Organizational, analytical and communication skills, solution-oriented mindset
- Commercial and technical understanding
- Customer orientation and consulting skills
- High level of engagement, enjoy working in an international team including travel
- Management skills
You have a genuine interest in business and can quickly familiarize yourself with legal and commercial structures. As we are a support function for other parts of the group, we expect you to be social, have a high sense of service and easy to build networks. You are used to working independently but are at the same time helpful and not afraid to ask for help when needed.
You are fluent in speech and writing in Swedish and since much of the work will also take place in English, you speak and write fluently in English.
Everyone is equally different and everyone is welcome at RWE! At RWE, we work actively for increased diversity and gender equality, because we know that it produces good results. That is why YOU are interesting to us.
We handle applications on an ongoing basis, however, apply for the role no later than June 27th.
In this recruitment, we want you who are interested to apply directly in RWE's system, you do this HERE!
For questions about the role, please contact:
Magnus Aarenstrup, Magnus.Aarenstrup.Extern@rwe.com
Contact with the union:
Unionen, Marius Chard Uscilo, +46 706289094
Akavia, Gustaf Svemar, +46 730610841