Right now, we are looking for a passionateDeveloper with a DevOps interestto join our DevOps Team in Stockholm!
What is it like to work at Mynewsdesk?
We offer a workplace where you work in close collaboration with our DevOps Lead, feature-teams, product managers and data-team. We share our knowledge and interests in cross-team meetings, internal conferences and lunch presentations. We love to learn new things and share with our colleagues and that’s why we have regular Lab Days and Dev Corners throughout the year.
What's our stack?
We are currently running our applications in the cloud mainly managed by Heroku and AWS. Our applications are also using services such as NewRelic, Logentries, IAM, Cloudformation, Spark, AWS EMR, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch and many more.
Our backend applications are mainly built with Ruby, but we have some serverless based services built in Node on AWS.
Goals as working as a DevOps Developer on Mynewsdesk
- Increase uptime and performance scoring
- Improve developer happiness in the dev-teams (through systems, tools, processes and/or documentation)
- Improve security measurements
Some of the things you will do
- Work very closely with our DevOps Lead to execute on the platform roadmap
- Resolve application and platform issues
- Build, document and maintain systems/platforms used by Mynewsdesk
- Monitor usage of our services, detect and fix bottlenecks/sec vulnerabilities
- Share DevOps knowledge in development teams
- Improve uptime and performance of services
- Report to Teamlead in Stockholm
This is you!
- You are supportive and a people person
- You have an open-mindset about taking on new challenges and get new experiences
- You’re a doer that loves to get your hands dirty and getting things done
- You are fluent in English, both in writing and speech since it is our working language
- You have at least 2-3 years of professional experience working as a developer and an interest in DevOps.
- You have experience of applications hosted in a cloud environment
- You have experience of database and database optimization/setup
- You have experience as a Linux server administrator
- You have experience of working with AWS Cloud and/or Heroku
Nice to haves...
- You have experience with the serverless framework or similar
- You are an AWS Certified Solution Architect or DevOps Engineer
- You have experience with Docker
We are looking forward to hear from you, and apply as soon as possible!