Event Coordinator? Use your skills to fight cancer!
Do you want to contribute to something truly worthwhile? Become our Event Coordinator and support the promotion of RaySearch’s innovative software in the work to fight cancer.
Become part of our Global Marketing team
You will be part of our marketing department - consisting of 11 engaged team members - which handles the strategic planning and creative work for all our markets. We have high ambitions for our communications and place great emphasis on design aspects. The position is based at our head office in central Stockholm and is a full-time, temporary position due to a parental leave for 1,5 year, with start Sep/Oct. Since RaySearch is in a growing phase there could be job possibilities even afterwards.
The marketing department is involved in the yearly production of about 60 clinical conferences and other global marketing events. As our Event Coordinator you will have a central role in ensuring the right presence on these events.
You will work with a wide variety of tasks participating in all steps of the events from planning to follow up. You will work closely with both the marketing team, event agency and our sales teams in all markets, ensuring efficient logistics of the marketing events. Some of the large corporate events with a global audience require you to handle detailed project management as well as being present onsite during the shows. All activities will be performed in close collaboration with the Marketing Manager, the Director of Sales & Marketing and the CEO.
In this position you will be involved in all steps - from planning to follow up - of both our larger corporate global congresses and events (approx 5 per year) and our smaller regional congresses and events. You will be required to keep track of, negotiate with vendors and report status on the event budgets and general outcome.
One of your key responsibilities will be to ensure efficient support regarding the event logistics for all marketing events. In this job you will collaborate with staff, the event agency and other 3d parties in the planning and the execution of our marketing events.
You will primarily work with:
• Scout and book venues, hotels, transport, food, internal staff and other logistics for the bigger corporate congresses and events
• Create invitations and registration form via our event booking software
• Develop and manage guest lists, invitations and other trade show administration
You will also be involved in the project management and coordination of the smaller global trade shows executed by our subsidiaries, where you will have a larger responsibility regarding:
• Project management and coordination of content of smaller custom built booths together with local sales teams and the event agency
• Development of smaller pop-up booths
• Evaluation and follow of these events
As you will be involved in managing projects you need to be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and have the ability to pay attention to details. You also need strong time management skills with the ability to stay on schedule.
You need to have adequate computer skills and appreciate administration as you’ll create internal documents, maintain invite lists, guest lists, employee travel logistics, establish reporting structures, success metrics, communications and some marketing material etc.
Since you’ll be working with event agencies you should have the ability to collaborate, communicate and negotiate with ease, as you are required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and event agencies etc. to keep to budgets. You need to be a hands-on doer, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and solve problems while keeping calm under pressure.
Experience & skills
• BS in Event Management, Hospitality Management or equivalent (you may also substitute additional relevant experience for the required education)
• At least 10 years of relevant experience, preferably in a variety of event and congress management areas and other related work where you have managed multiple projects independently
• Good experience from collaborating and communicating (meeting, calling, writing emails, website copy, negotiating) with third parties and internal staff
• Hands on experience working during technical conventions and trade shows
• The ability to research suggested event elements
RaySearch is a medical technology company that develops innovative software solutions to improve cancer care. Over 2,600 clinics in more than 65 countries use RaySearch’s software to improve life and outcomes for patients. The company was founded in 2000 and the share has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 2003. We are today more than 300 colleagues in a growing global organization and we believe that it’s crucial that our employees love what they do to be able to continue advancing cancer treatment. We encourage a healthy work-life balance, offer great staff benefits, a modern office environment, flexible hours and regular after work and activities. We believe in equal opportunity, value diversity and work with dedication to prevent discrimination.
You are welcome to send your application, in either English or Swedish, by the application form below and a personal letter. The selection and interviewing process will be ongoing. We do not accept applications by e-mail but if you have any questions regarding the position please send an email to Anna Ekholm, or call +46 708