We are looking for a technical people centric leader with focus on creating tangible value from data, advanced analytics and data-driven decision making. Both in terms of driving digital product development and driving enabling Data processes including Data Architecture, Data Engineering, Data Management and Data Stewardship. As a person you are passionate about leading business areas, influencing stakeholders, coaching, developing and building a team. It is likely that you are currently working as a technical lead or having people responsibility in the Data & Analytics space. You are motivated to stay up to date on the latest developments, tools and technologies of the rapidly changing data and analytics landscape.
You have good knowledge in the following areas:
• Business Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Warehousing/Storage/Processing in Cloud and other developments in the fast-moving data and analytics technology landscape
• Application of data analytics in addressing and answering business questions, preferably from Retail and in business functions such as finance, procurement or facility management
• Programming languages, modern platforms, architectures and systems for handling small and big data
• Data models (e.g. hierarchical or relational) and common issues related to data quality, and how to improve them
• Data-driven digital product development, including data processing, analysis and knowledge extraction, with agile processes, continuous improvement and deployment at scale
• Stakeholder management, in particular for analytics or data product development
• Operations and processes reporting, intelligence and automation
Your qualifications and past experiences are:
• Formal higher education in engineering, computer science, econometrics, mathematics or equivalent
• Progressive and diverse experience in professional data and analytics work
• Demonstrable experience in working in an Agile or DevOps working set-up
• Confident in digging into code and understanding how things are working
• Preferred: Experience in product or analytics development for retail or financial, facility management, procurement processes
• Preferred: Experience in leading and developing a team
• Preferred: Experience working with data from SAP
• Preferred: Experience working in hybrid- and multi-cloud environments.
This is our wish list! If you don’t see yourself in all the points above, you might still be a very good candidate for this role!
You will be the line manager for a team of Data & Analytics professionals with responsibility for driving value creation from data and analytics, as well as for people processes such as recruitment, performance, competence, career development and health/welfare of co-workers. Specifically, you and your team will be embedded in the Business Operations domain, a unit in our Digital organization that creates data flows and digital products for Finance, Procurement, and Real Estate operations. The team composition is developed continuously based on needs and can include Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and Data Stewards.
As part of a cross-functional leadership team, you will work collaboratively with Product Owners, UX Leaders and Engineering Managers to inspire and empower teams, shape product roadmaps and enable achievement of desired business outcomes. Within the Data & Analytics community you will support management with strategic, tactical and technical input. You will also work closely with key data enablement units like Data Management and Data Architecture to secure successful data-driven product development.
Within the area of Business Operations, you are responsible for
• the implementation and application of Data & Analytics solutions within the product team(s) that enable and improve the way we operate our business, from establishing foundational data assets to developing reports, dashboards and other types of decision support tools
• proactively contributing functional expertise and guidance to teams to ensure the right Data & Analytics solutions are implemented to meet requirements, contributing hands-on if needed
• actively pushing to improve data-driven insights and decision-making solutions, driving effectiveness and efficiency in Data & Analytics
• engaging with Product, Engineering, and Design Leads regarding resources and functional expertise required in product development to ensure a most competent and suitable team
• ensuring enough and the right Data & Analytics resources, people and expertise are available for committed product development through hiring the right talent or bringing in and managing vendors/contractors if needed
• providing leadership that promotes best practices in Data & Analytics – continually benchmarking against industry standards and trends
• leading, coaching and developing team members to secure people development, leadership and succession and a high performing team
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
The Data & Analytics function is a core pillar of Group Digital, with responsibility to shape and drive digital objectives with deep internal competence along the data value chain, ranging from key enablers such as Data Management and Data Architecture to product success drivers like Data Engineering and Advanced Analytics.
In this role, you will be embedded in the domain of Business Support, which covers business functions such as Finance, Accounting, Real Estate & Facility Management and Procurement. The team has started an exciting journey going from a slow, fragmented operations and legacy landscape to becoming a modern, agile, powerful engine that drives IKEA’s business.
We can offer you:
• An exciting and empowering work environment with exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us
• Opportunities to have global impact with your work
• Flexible and modern tools: we deploy on Google Cloud Platform and we use a lot of open source solutions across the board
• Hardware and OS of your choice
• A team of great colleagues to learn with and from (with world-class experience across all aspects of Data & Analytics)
• Continuous learning (we aim to spend 20% of our working time on learning)
• Flexible and friendly working environment in a truly value-based company