With a great understanding of environmental technologies, processes and compliance you will give regional operational support within legacy/remediation activities and sustainability initiatives. For example in relation to waste and energy reduction. You will also establish and maintain a solid best practice platform between the regional experts through networking within Nouryon. You can either be located in Bohus, Stenungsund or Sundsvall, Sweden.
Sustainability is a cornerstone of our overall strategy at Nouryon and we are since long an industry leader in sustainability. We see sustainability not just as the right thing to do, but as a true business opportunity that delivers value to everyone involved. In this new role as Regional Environmental Specialist you will have the opportunity to make an impact and play a significant role in developing and maintaining our regional sustainability agenda in Scandinavia. You will work closely with colleagues who, like you, have great knowledge and passion for sustainability.
With a great understanding of environmental technologies, processes and compliance you will give regional operational support within legacy/remediation activities and sustainability initiatives. For example in relation to waste and energy reduction. You will also establish and maintain a solid best practice platform between the regional experts through networking within Nouryon.
You can either be located in Bohus, Stenungsund or Sundsvall, Sweden.
- Build line management understanding of Environmental Systems, regulatory changes and support on permitting and changes.
- Support directly environmental compliance activities at the sites within the region - Develop and deploy environmental management systems which support the environmental requirements in all sites in Scandinavia.
- Guide line management to implement Environmental Management procedures, templates and tools. This includes future auditing and compliance activities.
- Support local engineers in technical challenges within environmental processes.
- Contribute to the HSE&S and Environmental Strategy.
- Serve as an internal auditor and incident investigator for the region and globally when applicable.
- Bachelor, masters or doctorate level qualification in HSE&S, engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the environmental or HSE&S management within the chemical manufacturing industry or similar environment.
- Excellent English language skills, oral and in writing. Proficiency in Swedish is desirable.
- Ability to travel 30%, domestic and international.
- Experience in remediation and soil/groundwater is a plus.
We believe that you are a person who inspires others with your behavior and work. You have specialized knowledge of environmental regulations in the region and are a problem solver with strong strategic and conceptual skills with an ability to execute and follow through. You also have the skill to drive continuous improvement of processes, policies and standards.
Why join us?
Are you passionate about safety, sustainability, change and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Regional Operations Director Europe, and based in either Bohus, Stenungsund or Sundsvall, Sweden (which you would prefer).
Please apply via our online recruitment system, www.manpower.se with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter.
Contact person for this recruitment is: Fia Fagerlund, Fia.firstname.lastname@example.org
More about the business
Nouryon has about 10,000 employees and operate in over 80 countries around the world. Over the course of our nearly 400-year journey to become a global specialty chemicals leader, we have built up a wealth of expertise, forged long-term customer partnerships, and earned a place among the best performing companies in our industry in terms of safety, sustainability, and reliability. Our products play an essential role in everyday life for people around the globe.