As a Data Engineer with Viaplay as part of Nordic Entertainment group you will join our Data Science Team which is a central initiative supporting Nordic Entertainment Group, that includes companies and services such as Viasat, Viaplay and Viafree, through our commercial and product departments with solutions for our data lake, product embellishment and analytics. We have a solid and mature Big Data architecture hosted in AWS Cloud and we work in an open source environment, primarily with Java Spark, Scala and Python. By joining us today we offer:
• An agile way of working where each member has an equal say and direct effect on the way of working.
• Interesting and large amounts of data that come from our streaming services, such as Viaplay and Viafree, as well as satellite/digital, in form of Viasat.
• A growing, well-versed and brilliant team of 8 Data Engineers, 6 Data Scientists and 2 Frontend developers
THE CHALLENGE AHEAD
• You will be a key resource in our mission to build and maintain our data lake.
• You will drive changes in our development processes that affect business decisions.
• You will engineer solutions which will in turn enhance features in the services such as our recommendation engine as part of our Product Intelligence initiative.
• You will be a part of driving change to our data lake architecture to propel the solution to further levels
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone that is into working with the deep techy parts of Data Science. We believe that you are currently either working as a Data Engineer, or as a Software Engineer and want to learn more about Big Data and its principles.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES ALSO MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
• Solid work life experience with Java Development
• Knowledge and interest in Big Data Architecture
• Interest in the inner workings of the ETL process and software development.
• Interest in the holistic perspective, the end result and how your work will impact the users.
• Willingness to share knowledge
• A good attitude, sense of humor, and ability to work humbly with others in a creative team environment
BONUS QUALIFICATIONS THAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FROM THE REST
• Experience working with cloud tech, specifically experience in Amazon AWS and it’s plethora of services.
• Experience of working in Big Data development projects
• Strong experience in handling and fetching everything from traditional, relational data to semi- or unstructured data
• Experience working with Spark
• EXASOL or any other databases.
• Knowledge in SQL.
• Knowledge in Scala.
• A dedication to testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices and supporting workflows are also highly valued.
JOIN US TODAY!
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Anton Tegendal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NORDIC ENTERTAINMENT GROUP (NENT GROUP) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
NENT GROUP is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create exciting content for media companies around the world. We make life more entertaining by enabling the best and broadest experiences – from live sports to movies to series to music and our own original shows.