Senior Frontend Developer
As a Senior Frontend developer at Viaplay, you will be focusing on the development of the web platform for the leading online video on demand service in Northern Europe. You will be building strong and high performing web-based interfaces and applications and contribute to our platforms, APIs and libraries. Your work will be a part of Viaplays strategy to grow and continue to bring an innovative first class streaming service to our customers. Our teams work cross-functionally so you will have a close collaboration with UX, Design and QA in your mission to grow and enhance our web platform.
THE CHALLENGE AHEAD
You will join our team of fun-loving web developers and be responsible of everything client side. We use the latest technologies in video streaming to build and maintain our existing platform. In addition, you will play an active role in discussions on how to find the best solutions for improving our product. Everyday work will include running and taking ownership of technical design, complexity assessment, development, test and deployment. Further challenges you will meet on a daily basis are:
• Building strong and high performing frontend components in ReactJS
• Driving our product iterations based on consumer feedback and behaviour data
• Collaboration with other teams in a fast-paced and agile development process
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
• Strong experience with React.js and Redux
• Experience of Functional Programming concept
• Experience creating responsive, device-agnostic interfaces via progressive enhancement
• Team player with dedication to unit testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices
• Enthusiasm for Agile software development
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
• Knowledge about Node.js ecosystem and microservices
• Experience with Reactive Programming concept and Rx.js
• Extensive experience in modern architecture patterns
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Max Moen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if youre selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is the Nordic regions leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, NENT Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (NENT A and NENT B).