You'll help us stay at the forefront of the micro-mobility field, with the explicit goal of enabling sustainable city environments - free from cars and pollution!
WHAT WE’D LIKE YOU TO DO
- Be the lead hardware designer in the team that owns our hardware platforms end-to-end, from concept & prototyping, to first bring-up and all the way to production, market release and maintenance
- Help architect and build our next-gen IoT solutions, as well as taking part in design and development of other edge computing nodes in our vehicles, such as motor controllers and battery management systems
- Stay on top of technological trends and make sure Voi’s embedded tech is at the cutting-edge of UX, safety reliability and smart sensor technology
- Build know-how of all embedded devices in our products, understand their capabilities and contribute to our IoT hardware tech roadmap
- Collaborate across teams to unlock the power of our IoT solutions and technology inside our vehicles
- Work closely with suppliers and tech partners in designing our future products
- Be creative and propose new ideas regarding architecture, tools and products
- Support the integration, production and delivery of our IoT products - assuring and compliance to target market regulations
- Be a champion for our IoT technologies and how they help in our mission to make cities made for living
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience with schematics and PCB design of embedded hardware products, preferably within the IoT or cellular domain Digital, analog, circuit design, testing, and validation experience
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment, soldering, and hardware debugging
- Able to work independently, propose tech choices and design decisions
- Expertise in all stages of hardware design, from inception to schematics and PCB layout design to production-ready designs
- Experience with bring-up of embedded ARM platforms
- Familiar with quality assurance, quality control and certification of electronic products
- Familiar with resource constrained hardware, Data Structures, RTOS concepts and system architecture of embedded systems
- Experience with embedded devices that support over-the-air updates (FOTA) is a merit
- Familiarity with IoT devices and protocols such as LWM2M, CAN, UART, TCP/IP, HTTP and MQTT is a merit
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
THIS POSITION OFFERS
When working at Voi, you are also being part of a rapidly changing field in the hottest startup in Europe. You will work in teams with diverse and like-minded developers, playing a critical role in the European transformation. At Voi, you will do well for yourself while doing good for the environment. #startupoftheyear2020
We are proud of how well we have adapted to the new realities, read more about flexible work setup here (https://www.voiscooters.com/blog/voi-lets-employees-work-from-anywhere-forever/).
Looking forward to your application!
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way-through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture fit! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.