We are searching for mechanical design engineers with experience of developing li-ion battery modules and packs. You have preferably worked as a Battery Design Engineer within the automotive or similar industry. You have also a good understanding of production processes and have a proven record of taking part in the full development cycle of high energy li-ion battery packs
At Northvolt we all work tightly together with a low level of hierarchy, and we encourage different backgrounds and level of experience. What we all have in common is that we are bold, passionate and in whatever area we are working in we do it with excellence. Do you have what it takes to be a part of our team?
- +3 years of mechanical design experience, where part of the experience is in the field of power electronics
- Experience in cable harness design is a plus
- Experience in busbar design is a plus
- Experience in design of electronics enclosures and housings
- Knowledge in design for compliance of creepage and clearance
- Strong Hands-On computer aided design skills
- Excellent analytical skills, especially in the field of design for safety, production and serviceability
- Experience working in international teams and with customers
- Excellent English, written and oral skills
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
- Experience from a start-up environment is a plus
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world’s greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt’s team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe’s largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
The future needs high-quality, green batteries. And it needs lots of them.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!