Python Developer with a curiosity for Machine Learning
Etraveli Group is looking for an experienced Python Developer to strengthen our capabilities in developing applications and services used in machine learning based price optimisation and bidding automation.
Etraveli Group is one of the leading flight centric online travel agencies (OTA) in the world. The core business is airline tickets and travel related services, targeted towards high volumes of price sensitive consumers and B2B services within travel. Expertise in travel e-commerce and economies of scale together with an impressive proprietary IT platform gives us a scalable and profitable business model.
The core of the technical platform, the Internet Booking Engine (IBE), serves price comparison sites and customers with attractive travel options retrieved from centralised flight marketplaces. Every minute, 120 million travel options are automatically assessed, compiled, and re-priced. Intense data analysis, price optimisation, and configuration automation is crucial in order to keep our margins high. Etraveli Group’s data stock with searches, order, and tactical competition analysis impressive and still growing rapidly in dimensions and volume.
Bisam (Business Intelligence, Statistical Analysis and Modelling) is a cross functional data science and data engineering team. The team is located in Gothenburg, but works closely with corresponding teams in Athens, Stockholm and Uppsala. The roles in the team span across developers, analysts, database managers, and information engineers. The offered position will sort under the Development department, which is managed from Gothenburg.
As a Python Developer at Etraveli Group you will work on a variety of applications in the field of data mining and model development, as well as implementation of those for inline processing in the IBE. Apart from that, you will also support internal customers with data integration, data research, and conceptual creative thinking around new ways to present, produce and store information. Prepare yourself for artificial intelligence development, automation of configuration options and business decisions, creative use machine learning and mathematical optimisation, as well as data consolidation and data mining challenges.
The position requires a solid technical background in software development or the ability to prove the skills within the field. Strong communication skills are required. The pace is high and we always challenge each other to think creatively. To succeed in this position we believe that you have a pragmatic workstyle and drive towards solutions with a focus on delivering results.
You’ll find yourself in a highly creative environment, surrounded by awesome coworkers, challenging problems, and demanding, rewarding customers.
- Implement and develop applications around statistical models for price and conversion optimisation
- Test and maintain algorithms and scale them up to massive data sets
- Maintain the connection to the backend and core engine
- Influence, specify and assist in building the large scale data infrastructure that is required for the AI projects
- Plan, communicate and share status updates together with your fellow colleagues as well as external stakeholders
- Work closely with other data scientists, data engineers and business intelligence developers in the team, creating synergies and using best practices
- Demonstrated experience in python application development
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework
- Experience in working with databases and Linux
- Knowledgeable about data storage and data modelling techniques
- Knowledge of REST APIs and Microservice based architectures
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training/experience
- Standard python machine learning libraries for application development, numerical computations and machine learning
- Working with Cloud solutions such as OpenStack or AWS
- Experiences with Docker, Kubernetes and Git
- Cluster computing and MPP (Spark, SQL, Impala)
- Business intelligence tools and development (Looker, QlikView)
- Agile software development processes
We also offer
A flexible work schedule and work in a diverse environment with offices in both Sweden and Athens. The position is located in Gothenburg, ten minutes by foot from the Central Station. The offices are modern and capacious, with plenty of natural light and a pinball machine and ping-pong table for leisure. Breakfast is served every morning in the kitchen.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter by clicking "Apply For This Job."
Candidates will be selected for interviews on a running basis throughout the application window, which lasts until 13/10. Apply today since the position may be filled before the last date.
Any questions about the job? Contact